Competition Terms & Conditions
The Competition operated by the Organisers to which these Terms and Conditions Apply
The entry fee paid by the entrant
Any natural person of the age of 18 years or more or any legal person, including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership, who enters the Competition by paying any entry fee.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF ENTRIES
The minimum of paid entries required for the prize to be awarded
Jammy Devil Competitions Ltd, Popeshead Court Offices, Peter Lane, York, YO1 8SU
The policy in force by the Organisers to protect the privacy of entrants. Copies of the policy may be obtained by contacting the Organisers.
The prize as described on the competition website.
THE ALTERNATE PRIZE
The Prize that is indicated on the competition website at the close of the competition, consisting of the cash equivalent of the total number of tickets sold, minus 30% administration fees.
The Entrant or entrants who will receive a Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Any date specified on the competition webpage
**Date ** at 23:59 GMT on that day.
- By paying any entry fee, Entrants accept that they have read and agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
- The Organisers reserve the right not to include any entry in the competition if there are reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition is open for entry to individuals who are at least 18 years of age, companies, syndicates and other legal entities, but excluding ; the Organisers, the Organisers’ immediate family, agents, employees and professional advisers ; any person resident, normally resident in, or a sole citizen of, a country with which UK law prevents financial transactions, any person subject to ongoing bankruptcy proceedings, undischarged bankrupts, and/or any person who has entered into an Individual Voluntary Agreement.
- Every entrant must create a personal account on the Competition Webpage before they are able to enter. Creating an account is free. Account details must not be shared with any other person.
- By entering the Competition, Entrants warrant that all information that they submit is accurate, true, current and complete and that there is no impediment to them holding the title to the property.
- Where any entry is discounted or disregarded by any term or condition of the competition, any entry fee will not be refunded, save at the Organisers’ absolute discretion or in accordance with the law.
- By entering into the Competition, all Entrants acknowledge that their payment of any entry fee does not in any way guarantee that they will win a prize.
- The Organiser will send receipt of any payment to every entrant within 48 hours of receipt of a valid paid entry. Such confirmation and receipt may be either in printed or electronic form.
- Any payment for entry will only be accepted in Pounds Stirling.
- All entries to the competition and correspondence with the Organisers must be in the English language.
- Only complete Entries will be entered into the Competition. For the purpose of this term, “complete” means that the entrant has registered an account on the competition website, given full and accurate contact information and paid any entry fee if applicable.
- Entrants recognise and accept that although the Competition website may carry references to a draw or raffle where more than one person pays an entry fee, the Competition is a Prize Competition for the purposes of the Gambling Act 2005. The competition does not require a licence from the UK Gambling Commission, not least as a free entry route exists.
- Entrants agree that the normal requirements under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 for any goods and services ordered online will not apply to this Prize Competition. By entering the Competition, Entrants give express consent that the right to cancel is lost.
- These terms and conditions are the intellectual property of LSL solicitors. No part may be copied, reproduced or redistributed without the written consent of LSL or the Organisers except as provided for by law or in the course of legal proceedings related to the Competition.
- All entrants must provide the Organisers with contact details, including full postal address and telephone number by registering an account through the Competition Website. Entrants must ensure that where a change of contact details occurs between the time of entering the competition and the winner being announced, this change is notified to the Organisers as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- The Organisers reserve the right to exclude any entry from the competition where any contact information is inaccurate or invalid.
- The Organisers are in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any Entrant due to any errors, omissions, inaccuracies or changes in the contact details provided by the Entrants.
- The Entrants and the Organisers agree that the Organisers may use contact details and other data, including personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act 2018 or the EU General Data Protection Regulation, supplied by the Entrants to the Organisers in order to conduct the Competition according to these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants information may be kept on computer servers within the European Union. If at any point information is stored on computer servers outside of the EU the Organisers will select only countries which are either approved for this purpose (under Article 45 of the General Data Protection Regulation or ‘GDPR’) or are located where the Organisers are content that the safeguards in place in that country to protect an Entrant’s information are appropriate (under Article 45 of the GDPR).
- The Organisers will not use an Entrant’s personal information to make ‘automated decisions’ which affect an Entrant, other than as necessary for determining a Winner.
- The Winner agrees to allow the Organisers to display his or her name, photograph and town of residence on the Competition Website and/or associated social media accounts and in any subsequent publicity for a period of no more than 5 years from the close of the competition.
- The Entrants and the Organisers agree that the Organisers may (either by choice or at the request of a third party) also disclose this information to relevant third parties for the purposes of the prevention of fraud, money laundering, legal or other financial or regulatory reasons.
- Entrants warrant that by entering the competition they do not contravene any laws of their country or area of residence. The Organisers will not be liable in any way if an Entrant enters the Competition unlawfully.
- If any entry is made by a person excluded by virtue of the provisions of these terms and conditions, their entry will be disregarded and no refund of any entry fee will be due.
3. THE PRIZE
- Subject to the minimum number of entries being achieved, the purpose of entering the Competition is to win to prize as described on the competition website.
- Entrants recognise and accept that in order to win the prize, the minimum number of entries must be achieved. During the competition, a progress indicator will be displayed on the website to indicate the number of paid entries that that have been made and the value of the Alternate Prize.
- The Organisers do not in any way guarantee the value or condition of the Prize or the final value of the Alternate Prize.
- In the event that the Minimum Number of Entries is not achieved, the prize will consist of the Alternate Prize as indicated on the competition website, consisting of the cash equivalent of the total number of tickets sold, minus 30% administration fees.
- Entrants are advised to review the website from time to time to check the Alternate Prize.
- The Alternate Prize will not diminish in value during the period of the competition.
4. THE COMPETITION – HOW TO ENTER
- To become an Entrant into the competition, including those entering for free, with a chance of winning a prize, entrants must register an account on the Website, and pay any entry fee. There is a maximum of 50 tickets to be bought or entered for free per registered account.
- Entrants may enter the Competition for free by sending an unenclosed postcard by First Class Post to Jammy Devil Competition Ltd, Popeshead Court Offices, Peter Lane, York, YO1 8SU. The postcard must bear the Entrant’s name, address, telephone number and email address specifying which competition they wish to enter. The postcard must not be enclosed in an envelope or other packaging and the Entrant must retain a proof of posting. Only one entry will be accepted per postcard and a maximum of 50 entries per registered account. Any postcard received which does not comply with the foregoing requirements will be disregarded.
- Postal entries must be received by the advertised closing date and time of the competition you are entering.
- Postal entries are will be allocated a ticket number and will have an identical chance of winning any prize.
- All communications, including electronic and paper entries, concerning the competition will become the property of the Organisers once the entry has been confirmed and will not be returned.
- All Entry Fees will be maintained in a Competition bank account held by the Organisers until the Winner of the Competition has been determined. The funds in this account will not be used for any purpose that is not associated with the operation of the competition.
5. CLOSE OF COMPETITION
- The Competition will close on the date that is indicated on the Competition Website.
- If at the closing date the number of paid entries is equal to or greater than the Minimum number of entries, the Prize will be awarded to the Winner.
If the number of non-postal entries is less than the Minimum number of entries, the Alternate Prize will be awarded.
6. THE COMPETITION – AWARDING THE PRIZE
- The process to determine the Winner will begin three working days after the closing date.
- The Organisers’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about the result of the Competition following the determination of the Winner.
- In the event that more than one Entrant pays the entry fee or enters through the free vote route, the Organisers will arrange for a draw to be conducted from all of the valid entries with the correct answer, using a random number generator that has been verified as appropriate for use.
- The Organisers will announce the identity of the Winner during a live stream of the draw and will further advise the Winner of their status within 1 working day of the announcement. A Winner must communicate acceptance of the prize within 5 days of being sent such a confirmation by the Organisers. If no confirmation of acceptance is received with 5 days of notice being given to the Winner, the Organisers shall be entitled to award the Prize to another entrant (The Alternate Winner). The Alternate Winner will be selected by drawing another entry at random in the same method as described above. The Alternate Winner shall have 5 days from notification by the Organisers to communicate their acceptance of the Prize. This paragraph shall also apply in the case that the Alternate Winner cannot be contacted.
- The Winner agrees to use best endeavours to ensure that the transfer of the prize occurs as swiftly as possible and must co-operate with the Organisers in the arrangements for such.
- The Winner agrees to allow photographs to be taken of them and the prize, with such to used at the discretion of the Organisers for publicity purposes connected with future competitions for a period of 12 calendar months from the date of the close of the competition.
- In the event that the Winner does not accept the prize within a period of 5 days from the date of being informed of the winning status, the Organisers may award the prize to another entrant using the process described at 5. This paragraph shall also apply If the Winner is or becomes ineligible to win the prize, fails to comply with the terms and conditions, or cannot proceed with acceptance of the prize on the house within 30 days from the date of the draw.
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel the Competition at any time either before or after entries have been sold. If the Competition is cancelled other than in the circumstances described at 10 below, the Organisers will return the Entry Fees to each Entrant (either by bank card refund or by cheque and in one combined payment where several entries have been made by an Entrant).
- Notwithstanding anything contained within these terms and conditions, the Organisers reserve the right to refuse to accept or consider an entry where the Organisers consider it prudent to do so in the interests of preventing crime, protecting vulnerable persons or promoting social responsibility. Any refund of entry fees will be solely at the Organisers’ discretion where an entry is refused under this paragraph.
- Where an Entry Fee is returned for whatever reason, the Organisers shall have no further liability to the Entrant or to any other person.
- The Winner agrees to provide a copy of their passport or driving licence (or equivalent identification) to confirm their identity when requested by the Organisers.
- The Organisers make no representation or warranty as to the valuation of the Prize, the physical or cosmetic condition or its ability to be re-sold. Entrants should make and rely on their own enquiries and legal advice about the Prize before entering the Competition.
- Save for death or personal injury the Organisers, their servants or agents will not be liable for any loss (including economic loss) suffered to or sustained by any person or property as a result of any act or omission of the Organisers, their agents or servants.
- The Organisers accept no liability for errors or omissions contained within the Prize details, description or specification or any other part of the Website. It is the responsibility of each Entrant (and in particular the Winner) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of this website.
- The Organisers will not be liable for any loss suffered by an Entrant as a result of incomplete entries, delayed or failed communications or for any loss suffered as a result of use of the Website or social media platforms.
- The Organisers do not accept responsibility for entries which they do not receive due to failures in computer systems, other malfunctions, high Internet traffic, hardware failure, software failure, server faults or any other reason. It is the responsibility of Entrants to contact the Organisers if they do not receive the combined confirmation E-Mail and receipt as described above within 5 days of the submission of any Entry.
- These competition rules shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant and the Organiser.
- An entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the entrant engages in: (a) any form of fraud, whether actual or apparent; (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) fraudulent concealment; (d) hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the website, any software utilised by the Organisers or any data that is held in association with the competition; or (e) amending, or unauthorised use of, any of the code that constitutes the Website.
- The Organisers accept no responsibility for any changes in the Winner’s personal financial position or circumstances following the transfer of the prize, including but not limited to the reassessment of any welfare or state benefits or tax credits, or any income or asset based liability to any third party. The Organisers are not liable for any taxes, fees or payments that the Winner may be liable to pay on receiving the Prize. Entrants should make and rely on their own enquiries and legal advice about the Prize before entering the Competition.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and for any reason. Where any term or condition is modified, the Organisers will notify all entrants of the nature of the change by publishing them on the Competition website and by notification to any email or social media address that is registered on the Entrant’s account. Any changes will not have effect until a period of 7 days has passed from the date of publication. Where any entrant reasonably refuses to accept any new term or condition, that person may withdraw from the competition by notifying the Organisers in writing no later than 7 days after publication of the notification of change. In such instances, the Organisers shall refund any entry fee that has been paid by the withdrawing Entrant.
- In the instance of an occurrence caused by circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Organiser resulting in the cancelation or postponement of the competition or the award of a prize, including without limitation; an act of God, act of terrorism, material threat of an act of terrorism, fire, flood, explosion, civil commotion or disturbance, war, storm, earthquake, strike, lock-out, or other industrial action, insurrections or riots, pandemic or epidemic, change in law, prohibition or imposition of requirements by any governmental body, Entrants accept that any prize awarded may be delayed or withdrawn.
8. APPLICATION OF LAW
- The Entrants and the Organisers agree that the Competition, its administration and all associated activities are governed by English Law and the Organisers and Entrants recognise that the County or High Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute arising out of the Competition or its administration.
- Service of documents may be effected by delivering them through first class post to the Organisers at :
Jammy Devil Competitions Ltd, Popeshead Court Offices, Peter Lane, York, YO1 8SU
or through first class post to the Organiser’s’ solicitors ;
LSL solicitors, The Old Counting House, 82e High Street, Wallingford, Oxon, Ox10 0BS